Monday, January 27, 2014

Love My Mission---Too Little Time

Familia!

I love you all so so so much. Quick rundown of my week

Tuesday we went out for about 7 hours. It was snowing like mad. It was cold, and we only got into one door, and that was the presidente of our branch. We knocked 22 doors. 0 answered.

Wednesday we had our district meeting (which is normally on tues but b/c of the snow it was canceled). After that I went on exchange with one of our zoneleaders. Elder Nielsen. Holy cow. He is AWESOME. He taught me so much

Thursday we switched back. Me and Murray had little success.

Friday Same story. 

Saturday Same story.

Sunday i got up at 5:40 to go to a Priesthood Meeting. The best part was the nourishment (physical and spiritual). SO uh... there are ghosts here. Havent seen them yet but some missionaries have. I probably will never. My prayer was answered (tell you more about that next week). Ate some wonderful food like colombia chocolate (it's hot chocolate... just colombian and its so good), then I had some empenadas, but then I had something nasty.... elder murray said it was cow stomach. It was in a delicious soup... but it was not good. It had hair on it I swear. Like hair that grows on a chin... black and short and prickly... ew. But I ate it. It didnt taste too bad. Just the texture. And the big chunks weren't my favorite. Then to end my Sunday I saw a fox. A cute, wild fox. It seriously was the best.

Though I am not having nearly as much success as I pray for, I know that I am doing what God wants me to be doing. I guess I have some stuff to learn before I am ready to convert NJ. Anyways. Life is good. I love Nj and I love my mission.

Be safe family. I pray for you every day. I think about you a lot. Please stay safe. Please do all that the Lord asks of you so we can be together forever. I can't stand the thought of me spending time saving other families when my family may be struggling. So promise me you will go to church, read your scriptures, pray everyday and every night, and be worthy to be in the presence of our father.

I love you all. 

Elder McFarland

P.s. Dad... you are going through a mid life crisis.... and I couldn't be happier that you are! Motorcycles are sweet. You really are the coolest. I am already bragging about you. You better take good care of that thing so I can drive it when I get home. I love you. :) :)

1 comment: