Monday, February 3, 2014

Week #4




So little time! Ah.

I am just gonna talk about this last week because I can hardly keep my days straight.

Monday was awesome! We went bowling as a zone. So stinking fun. I got to know some of the members of my zone better. I have made so many friends! I got 2 strikes on my first two bowls. I stopped caring after that, but we played for 5 hours. I only got like 3 more strikes after that, but it was fun to play with my zone. They are all so good. Tuesday was not a good day for us. We had 0 lessons. Kinda frustrating and I wasn't very happy.Wednesday was awesome! I had a specialized training with President Jeppson. I have probably said it ten times now, but I would follow him into war. He is so amazing. I have no idea how the incoming president will be, but he better be good after Pres. Jeppson. He is so amazing. That night I taught a 20 minutes lesson to the youth. We raised a title of liberty promising we would "fight the good fight" for our god, our religion, etc. It was great because we wrote the title of liberty on the back of an old shirt. Elder Murray had 2 shirts on and when it came time, he ripped the shirt and showed the title of liberty. the youths' faces were so funny. It was a great lesson if I dont say so myself. The Lord will probably put an obstacle in my way this week because of my lack of humility. 

I have really needed to be humble this week. I dont know what it is, but sometimes it is hard to love my comp. I just have to keep recognizing that I need to be loving and humble, and that he isn't doing those things that annoy me on purpose. He loves me, and I need to love him.

Thursday was a hard day. I think I was tired (physically and spiritually) and hungry. We had an alright lesson with two of my favorite less-actives, Lissete and Alejandro. They have a cousin that I will talk about later, but these two need help. We love them so much, but Alejandro needs to change. Lissette has come to church 2 time in a row. E. Murray said she hasn't come since he has been here so that's success. Anyways, we had a lesson with them, then we tried to find people to teach. It was hard, I didn't want to talk and Elder Murray decided to be conversational, and I was angry that I have not taught a progreessing investigator yet. I honestly was so worn out. I prayed very hard that night, telling my Father in heaven all of my feelings. After I went to bed that night, I felt so much better. Friday I woke up with the determination to make it a great day. It was a miraculous day. About an hour into our contacting, I asked a lady if she needed help with her bag. I guess I kind of scared her or something cuz she seemed really defensive. I insisted that she let us help her (nicely of course). She let us and we discovered that she had been in the hospital for a couple days with a bunch of problems the doctors can't really help her with. we walked and listened as she told us about her kids, her last 2 husbands, living on her own, her testimony, and her uncountable problems. She truly was a strong lady. I carried that bag for about 45 minutes until I switched with Elder Murray for 15 minutes, then I took another turn. This second turn got me. Underneath this bag I started to feel a little sorry for myself. i quickly dove into the conversation, just in time too. I came in and she was talking about her life. She was very open and we had talked about god and jesus and stuff, but this was the first time I started to share my testimony. i shared my testimony of jesus. I felt so happy in that moment to take his yoke upon me. In that moment, his yoke was made light. In all, we probably carried that 25lb bag on our shoulders for an hour and a half, and walked about 3 miles. (we went out of our area w/ permission). She thanked us, and we stopped in front of a small home. It was a home for homeless people. The doors were closing at 4. She would not have gotten there in time to sleep there. She would have had to sleep on the streets.

God prepares people for us to meet and to serve and I am more than happy to just serve his children and share my testimony. This was work. This was true missionary work to me, and I changed my vision of it this week.

I wish I had time to tell you all about the other people god has prepared for me, but I guess that is for another time.

Dave, I love you. Stay strong. Stay happy. Mantenga suave. ;) te amo

Jess, I didnt get to read your email :( I love you and pray for you every night

Hannah, I am sorry timp is closing. That made me sad to hear. I know you will be even happier in the school that god has planned for you to attend.

Adam. I miss you and I hung up your letter on my wall. I love you so much little guy. Stay wiggly like that tooth of yours

Mom. Dear mommy :) I love you. SO much. I am sending you a letter this week

Dad! Stay cool until I get home. That motorcycle is calling my name. Keep working hard and loving your family. YOU ARE THE BEST DAD EVER. I brag about you a lot.

Family. get on my family search and check it out. I am starting to do that and its fun. I added some stuff to mine and I encourage you to link us together (kids... you aren't on there. I have no siblings!) 

I love you. More miracles are coming. More blessings are on the way. I love you.

-Your happy Missionary 

No comments:

Post a Comment