Monday, December 1, 2014

Thanksgivin

And the members keep on givin us food.

We had 3 dinners that day. I was so full. We then had another thanksgiving dinner on Thursday. Its not the worst of problems. I am definitely not withering away. 
It was a fun week. We had a fun Tribe meeting! Then the entire zone went and contacted in the area of one of the sisters who are struggling right now. It turned out pretty good and we will see what happens. We worked hard and our investigators are slowly progressing. Antonia probably won't be baptized for another month, but we are hopeful. They are still very opened to marriage and coming to church, but haven't come to church in a month. I hope they come next week! Antonia and Felix are doing ok. It is time they make a choice because the indecision is hurting their chances. They need to decide to make it work, or give up. At least, that is what we and the Bishop have felt to do.

The Stadium was awesome!! We got their at 9:30 and played til 12. It was football nonstop, and it was fun! I was sore for 2 days. We got to see a lot of our friends their. I didn't take one picture (so dumb of me)... but hopefully some people will be sending me some.

We went to Thanksgiving at the Persad's and they fed us the best food. She is such a good cook. We always go over for papusas there, but this time, we had a big bird, potatoes, fruit, and good times! We played apples to apples for a little bit, sang a song, shared a message, and went and ate with Antonia and Juan. They had the biggest turkey ever. It was probably as big as my torso. We did a jog around the block before we went in so we could eat some and not offend them. It was good, but too much food. Then we went to Antonia and Felix. They gave us deer meat. It was super good! I stuffed myself beyond belief that day... and hopefully I can get back to eating healthy!

With all the Turkey and appointments, I got super tired. But I made it to today! I am going to rest up so I can kill it my last week in FREEHOLD!

Thanks for the package! I felt so much love on Thanksgiving. I am so grateful to serve. And I am grateful for family and friends that send me awesome stuff! Trystan Ricks sent me a huge package with a lot of camels on it. It was a good hump day. love you all.

On Friday I did my first baptismal interview and he decided to not get baptized. We had almost an hour and a half talk, and we definitely felt the Spirit. The poor man has to choose to leave behind his traditions and culture to follow feelings. It was a hard thing to see him procrastinate the day of his repentance, but it really made me realize that I don't have control over these people. Sometimes I like to think that I do, but I dont. So we move on and help others who will choose to join. 

In an email to my cool cousin Alan, I compared my mission to a sport.
 
Mission: It is a pretty simple thing. It is a sport. A spiritual sport. There are hard parts, like days you dont get along with your companion, or days your investigators and less actives dont do the things they want to do, or days when you miss home, but they are few and very short. Those are moments when you you fall short of the first down, miss the goal, or fall in a meet. But more than anything, I love my mission. You play your best and you get better and better as you play. You have headers into the goal, a swish into the basket, or a perfect stick at the end of your routine. The fun comes while your practicing it, doing it and loving it. A mission is a fun sport. It is fun to watch a father teach his daughter how to pray, or watch a women finally find self worth. It is rewarding and just like any other sport, you enjoyed it.

I am love this time of season. Super grateful for my family and friends that love me.

I love you
Jersey Strong.
Was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment