Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Goodbye Freehold

It has been the best 4 transfers. I loved being with Elder Sam Blanco and then training mijo. I love Freehold. My friends are here. They have become my Freehold Family and I love them a lot. I am sad to go. 

I was called to be a zone leader last Thursday. All proselyting went down the drain because I had to go to a meeting, clean our apartment, plan this week, and party at our wards christmas party, and then we had church and also a play that we put on for all of the hispanics in NJ. We had little parts and for a little part of the play I was Joseph. I sang tenor in a trio with Mijo and Hermana Caetano. It is amazing how much more comfortable I am with singing in front of people. We did a good job. I will see if I can get the video sent home. 

So we hardly got to say bye to everyone, so today is all about running around saying bye to everyone. It is super sad. Super depressing, but I love these people and will be coming back to visit them. 

Felix gave me the coolest shirt ever. It is from mexico, handstitched, and he gave it to me. He has changed my life. I want to be the kind of father he is to his two sweet children. His daughter threw a fit when she figured out I was leaving. It feels good to feel their love. It feels good to know that they have been changed by the missionaries and the Spirit. I love them so much.

Yesterday we had Antonia and Felix and Antonia and Juan attend church! It was so good to see everyone I loved in that building. Nelvin wasn't there, but I will get to say bye to him tonight.

Something President Mitchell said has stuck with me throughout my mission. And I find that it is more true as I go throughout my mission. I want to set it as one of my mottos. He said, "life is good in the gospel." Even if you are being transferred, and you are going to miss your friends and family, life is good. Even if your wife cheats and leaves you, life is good in the gospel. Even if you lose your first child in the first couple days of birth, life is good. No matter what comes. Whatever it is, life is still good in the gospel. It always will be. 

I love Freehold. I love the people and experiences 

Still Jersey Strong.
Was good.
Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment