Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Crazy Caldwell

I am now in zone 2 serving in Caldwell! We are a branch that started in February last. I am super close to Paterson. We actually had to deliver some medicine to a sister in Paterson so we drove all around Paterson. I got to see my old apartment building, crazy broadway... practically everything except the people. IT was awesome.


We are super blessed here in Caldwell. We have 2 families that are going to be baptized here in January. Super exciting! Our branch is super good. They give us referrals, invite us over for food, and come out with us! They are awesome.
Pretty much everything in zone 2 is Huge. We have a huge area. It is driving, and I feel that we have to drive for hours. Our zone goes into part of New York. It is a huge zone! But hugest of all is our testimonies and our love. This zone has a lot of powerful missionaries. S Woodland and S Hindman are two sisters that I started out with in Paterson. They are companions here and are killing it! E Muro (one of my bestest friends) is here. We were together in Paterson/Passaic, Freehold/RedBank, and now New City/Caldwell. We have a lot of leaders here. Pretty much my zone is full of my bestest friends in the mission. We had to do zone meeting on Wednesday. I wasn't nervous at all because all of them are my friends. It was like having an awesome spiritual conversation with a bunch of your friends! 

So... we don't get p-day today. Why? We get to go to the temple tomorrow! So stoked. We are emailing, running to the store, and then teaching! So excuse me if I don't respond to your emails.

So far, being a zone leader is super different. I spent most of last week driving to meetings and helping other missionaries. Its a great part of the work. It is just different to what I am used to. I am adjusted pretty well. My companion is awesome. Elder Gonzalez Esquivel lived in Mexico City (DF) til he was 14, moved to U.S., got baptized, and now is serving a mission. He goes home next May. He is super good. He works hard and effectively. He exercises like an animal and is helping me learn how to be a good missionary. 
Friday I went to a meeting with all the new leaders. We were there for 8 hours. IT was good... but I got drained. Then Saturday we drove down to New City, New York to do a baptismal interview. They forgot and their phone had died so they had me stay over night in New York. We did the interview and the girl did get baptized! The interview was awesome. She is 9 years old and totally cute. I felt a lot of God's love for her. It was awesome, but that also drained me. I feel tired so I am not too sure how much sense this email makes. Sorry if some of it doesn't.   

So this week we have the temple tomorrow, district meeting wednesday, zone conference friday, and 2 of our investigators should be getting baptized in Ohio this Sunday. Lets see how this all plays out. Super stoked! Love NJMM. 

Jersey Strong
was good
I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment