Monday, February 23, 2015

Koreans and Christian's Baptism



Time is so obscure in the mission.

Last week was week 5. That means this is the last week of the transfer. whaaaaa? I feel like I just got here. But I have been here for almost 3 months. That makes me feel queasy.

I think it goes by so fast because I get stuck into a routine. I need to spice it up a bit. 

On Tuesday I got to do an exchange in the Korean program. It is a hard language. After one day, I can only address Heavenly Father. I am grateful I was called Spanish. 
E Harris comes from Arizona. He really helped me with some of my questions and concerns. I look up to him a lot. We visited and taught some koreans and just being around them for that little time made me so interested in their culture. I really enjoyed our exchange.

But we had a lot to do in our area this week. Daniela is the niece of Yorleni. We have been meeting with Daniela a lot, and sadly she has hit a roadblock. She isn't progressing as quickly as we had hoped. But that is ok. I hope one day she can accept the gospel. And I know it will be His timing, and not mine. And that gives me a lot of peace because she is a great friend, and I love to be around her and Yorleni. Yorleni is as awesome as ever. Before she was baptized last December, she had completely read the Book of Mormon and Doctrine and Covenants. She is so smart, and so hilarious. I laugh every time I am over there. There is never a dull moment in that house because Assunta (a 80 year old dimensia stricken italian) is always on a rampage. She likes to flirt with us, especially with my companion, but her flirting is hitting and squeezing our cheeks and ears. We always have to be on guard or else she will catch our poor ears or cheeks and squeeze them hard. Nevertheless, I love to be there!

Friday, I got to do a mini exchange with E Muro while Christian got interviewed for his baptism. We visited a Peruvian family named Olortegui. They are awesome! It was their 2 year old's birthday, so we ate and had a good time. I love the Olortegui family. They have had some similar anxieties that I have had so it is easy to relate and get help from them. E Muro and I visited with Alvaro as well. Alvaro is doing well. He is reading and praying. He wants an answer. And I hope he gets one soon. He is going to get baptized on the 22 of March. He committed last night to live the word of wisdom. He is such a kind and humble person!

Christian got baptized Saturday. Anytime we have a baptism, it snows. It started snowing at 2 and didnt stop til after the baptism. Not a lot of people came due to the weather, but it was a good baptism! I got to give a talk on the Holy Ghost. His step father gave a very inspiring testimony. It was awesome!

He got confirmed on Sunday. He is a super special kid and I am lucky to have met him. His baptism and confirmation were truly beautiful.

Doryn is doing well! We got to teach her yesterday and she is pumped for her baptism next month. Please keep her and her family in your prayers. She is such a sweetheart and deserves our prayers.

I am grateful for my family. I believe God loves me because He has given me the best family. 

Waz Good
Jersey Strong
Life is good in the gospel

Love you

#LIGY

The whole gang. The guy in the blue is the step father, and the lady is the mother.

 Christian and I 



 Christian, me, and Evelyn

pool party with all hispanics

 Me and E Harris! We had a fun Korean exchange




No comments:

Post a Comment