Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Time Flies



Happy Valentines Day! 

It has been a pretty typical week. I dont feel like I have much to say. So I will say all of the cool experiences.

Last Tuesday, we were in district meeting in New City, New York, when a lady walked in. None of us knew her. She sat in until E Gonzalez and I took her out and talked to her. She started to explain her story. It was a sad story and made me feel sad for her. It was cold, and we wanted to help her. We told her we would see what we could do to help her get the money to get into the hotel she wanted to get in. After a few calls, we had 2 options for her. We don't give money out as a church, but Helping Hands might be able to help her. It was them or the police. We presented the 2 options and she became livid. She swore and yelled at us. She told us that we weren't Christian. She stood up and stormed out. 

We were able to visit with Doryn twice this week. She is from Africa. We are teaching her because the member that brought and brings her still to church is hispanic. So we will let the English take over as soon as she is comfortable. This 17 year old lady is so humble and everytime we teach her, we get to see how magnificent she is in God's eyes. It is awesome to see her self-worth skyrocket as she realizes who she is, and what she means to God. She is going to get baptized the 15 of March!

I went on exchange with E Taylor. He went to Lone Peak. Although we were rivals at first we are good friends. He is a new missionary, but carries the Spirit like an mission president. He is a great teacher. We laughed and enjoyed the exchange. We visited a lady named "Nanay" (the affectionate word for grandma in tagolic). Nanay is going to the temple the 28 of Feb. I have never seen someone so excited or grateful for the blessings of the temple. E Taylor told me that she cried and cried and cried when they first told her she could go to the temple. She couldn't talk for 5 minutes because she was so excited. We visited her, and I was taken back by how excited she is. She isn't nervous at all. I want to understand and view the temple through her eyes. I take it for granted way too much.

We also visited a man who was a Jew, but baptized himself into the true church. He had a ton of pet birds! Like, at least 30. It was so cool! The birds sang quietly throughout the whole lesson. It was like being in a forest!

Christian is being baptized this Saturday! We are so excited for him. He is beyond ready. He is already doing missionary work. He has taught his neighbors all about our church, and he continues to study and learn outside of our visits. Member work is the only work that works. I am grateful for good members who do what they promised to do at their baptism. I am becoming a better missionary, and I want to be like these good examples of members that surround me.

I am grateful that God is in charge. I am grateful that He knows more than I do. I am grateful for this time to serve and for these people.

Keep me in your prayers!

Ask God, not Google -Al Fox

Waz good
Jersey Strong
Life is good in the gospel

Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment