Monday, September 29, 2014

What a week

Happy Monday.

We worked hard this week. I like my companion a lot. If he wasnt my trainee I would probably hate training. He is so humble and sweet-hearted. We have fun and work hard. He helps me stay motivated and gives me encouragement.

We had a really big miracle this week. Eric is 28 and he is preparing for baptism on the 19 of Oct. He is reading and praying every night. We decided if he was going to be baptized on that day (or anyday) he would have to understand the importance of church attendance. We planned and practice a lesson and went to meet with him. We talked to his friend that helped introduce him to us, and she told us that he quit one of his jobs so he can come to church every Sunday. Honestly, God prepares people and influences them. We walked over to the bishops house and there we had a killer lesson with the bishop and Eric. He is still on date for the 19 of Oct. Sadly the job he still has pulled him away this last Sunday (a little bit ironic) so he didnt come, but we saw him last night as he was on his way to do some service. This guy is stellar. He is a leader and a missionary, and we need him in the Lord's kingdom. Please pray for him :) He is a miracle for us and I really hope he is baptized on his date... and if not on that day, I hope I get to see him be baptized.

We had a pretty succesful week. We have help activate a brother named Juventino. He comes every week and is on his way toward the temple. We had 2 other less actives talk to the bishop this week and they say they are coming every week from now on. One of them told me she wanted to come more because we are translating the meetings for her. She really enjoyed it. We contacted and found some very good potentials this week. I am excited to see if they go anywhere. 
Alma and Adrian are doing well! They continue to amaze me with their faith and trust in what they have found here in this church. They know it to be true. 

I got to watch part of the Women's Session on Saturday with Elsa. It was really touching to see those cute little Koreans sing. They did a great job and it definitely pulls this world together. I love the influence that this gospel has on the world.

Super stoked for conference! I am going to buy Cinnamon Rolls today :)

Keep me, my companion in your prayers. But more than that, keep Eric in your prayers. We can only do so much to help him. He needs an answer about the Book of Mormon, and he needs the courage to enter the waters of baptism. We can't give him that. Your prayers will help, though. I believe that if you keep him in every prayer you have, he will get baptized this month. 

I am grateful for my mission. I love New Jersey. I love the people even more. I am grateful for the good times, they make the hard times easier. There are hard times, but they only last a little while. I love my mission.

Love you family.
Jersey Strong 

No comments:

Post a Comment