Monday, September 22, 2014

Week #1 of Transfer 7

This Transfer started out hard.

We had a really hard week. God gave us a lot of miracles and a lot of success, but sadly something really bad went down this week. I can't give details but now one of our actives has run away and Karina will probably not continue meeting with us. After such a wonderful experience with her, it has been a heartbreak for me. It is not set in stone, but what she saw was horrific. What I learned this week is that Satan is super sneaky. He knows us better than we think. And not only that, but he knows the people around us even better than we do. Don't give him an opportunity to bring you down, because others will fall with you. 

I learned this week the importance of being a strong member. Of being an example. We are being watched and are actions are noted by not only angel in heaven, but future members of the church. Be your best. Be Jersey Strong.

Although I was very sad for a while, my companion and my friends have really shown they care. I love the bishop here. I love my friends and my family that I have made out here. Yesterday, Alma came up to me at church and said that she always thinks about me when she hears about this food called "tlayuda." She said she had bought some and that this tuesday we would have some. I will be sure to take pictures. Her and her family are my family now. And not because of the food or anything that they give us, but because of the way I feel around them. 

Sometimes I think about coming home to dance parties and soccer games and music concerts. It seems so easy back at home. I know its not, but it sure does seem like it. I would be too embarrassed to come home... lets be honest... but I also would miss my mission. I would miss my friends and family here. So I tell myself to enjoy the moment. I truly feel grateful to be a missionary. I love you all and I hope this week is a good one for you all.

Stay Strong. Jersey Strong.

TY

No comments:

Post a Comment