Monday, September 8, 2014

Training Week 5

Time flies by so fast. Mijo is growing up so fast... He is a great missionary and a good friend. He serves me and talks to me a lot. He is such a sweet kid.

This week we had zone conference and they asked us to start contacting 10 people a day. We have tried and fallen short almost everyday... but we are having so many miracles because of it. We are teaching and walking and contacting and having a good time. We both got angry at each other on Wednesday but we cleared it up. I am grateful he has the guts to tell me what I do that bugs him. It helps me share my feelings too. We are great friends and it shows in our area! We have 293473589 potential investigators and have set appointments at almost every hour these last few days.
This week i got kind of trunky. I thought a lot about home and old memories. Its hard to stay focused all the time on the work. I am getting better at it. I am learning that as I work hard to stay focused, the Lord immediately blesses me. I am never going to stop entirely thinking abot family and friends, but I am gonna turn these people here in Jersey into my family and friends so I dont miss home so much. 
This month we are working for more love. I want to leave the apartment everyday because I love to do missionary work, not because I have to in order to be "obedient." I want to share my beliefs with Alma and Adrian, Marcos and Elsa, and anyone else because I love them, not because i feel i have to.

I want to stay out and serve the Lord because I love these people and the Lord, and not because I couldn't stand the shame of coming home. I want to truly love my mission because of the people I meet and the things I feel.
Luckily this kind of love is a gift. Its something I can ask for and have. God is cool like that.
 
On Saturday it poured like no ones business. It was so stinkin cool! But I got drenched. Luckily we had two dinner appointments so we got dried pretty fast.

I love New Jersey. Its becoming my home more and more. The ward here is so great. They are the best member missionaries I have met. Cant wait til you can meet them.

Sure do love you family :) Hope this week is better than last week! I am grateful for you all. I miss you. I love you! Stay Jersey Strong.

Ty 

No comments:

Post a Comment