Monday, October 6, 2014

forgive me friends and family





forgive me friends and family.

This week I lost my drivers licence. I was so stressed about it. I cant get on the library without my drivers licence. Turns out I left it hear and it only dawned on me a half hour before we leave to ask if they had it. They did... so I legit have 15 minutes to finish writing.

I made cinnamon rolls for conference :) They were stinking good. This week was a crazy one. We actually had a huge meeting for the trainers and their trainees. It was 7 hours on Wednesday and 7 hours on Thursday. It was a wonderful experience but we didn't get any work done this week. After the meeting on Thursday, we got to watch Meet the Mormons. It was a great movie and made me trunky. I miss home.

Conference also made me trunky. I loved making the rolls and it smelled like being home. It was a very relaxing weekend and Conference was great! I always like feeling the confidence of our leaders. They are inspiring. 

Monday we met with Karina. It was a good lesson. We set up a return appointment with her, but when we passed by, she never came out. Instead, the drunk owner of the house came out and told us he would call the police if we didnt scram. 
We didnt get to meet with Eric this week. Sadly he didnt come to church this week either. Hopefully I will get to see him baptized.

E Palmers birthday was on Friday and we had a lot of fun. We went out to Longhorn steak house for dinner with some members. I got a super good sirloin. Love the Persad family.

We met with a lot of our members this week. They are amazing and an example of faith and endurance. They have it so hard, and yet they are so faithful. They have taught me that it is not about what the church can do for me, but what I can do for the people around that church. A church is just a building until you add people that are living the restored gospel righteously. That is when it becomes the kingdom of God on earth.

I love my companion. Love my area. Love my leaders. Love the Lord. 

Love my mission. 

Love you all.

Jersey Strong

No comments:

Post a Comment