Monday, October 20, 2014

Week #12

Welcome to the last week of training.

I might cry.

I love Freehold. I dont want to leave. Hopefully I get one more, but we will see. My companion is super funny. I dont know what to do sometimes. He just makes me laugh so hard.

This week was pretty good. We found some really cool, new investigators. One of them has read the entire Book of Mormon. She doesnt understand it though. We also found 2 parents of a recent convert that moved back home. Hopefully they too will be getting a date for baptism.

We had a good lesson with Eric and he will be getting baptized the 7 of December. I hope I am still here. If not, I am sure he will still be baptized, but I want to see him go underneath the water!

Alma and Adrian are starting to fall away. Our bishop didnt give him a letter for their immigration papers, and they got all offended. The bishop actually went the extra mile to help him by talking to somebody who works getting people their papers and that man said that Adrian should try to get an old friend to do it who has known him for more than two years. It is a dumb reason to distance yourself from the true church, but it shows how deep their faith really is. 

That's been hard for me. I love them, but I am super disappointed in them. Almost to the point of giving up on them. Its alright though because God will give us the people who are ready and will change their lives. And maybe one day they will realize all that they had in the gospel.

We have had some fun p days. I love the beach here. We collected a bunch of seashells and played sports and made things in the sand. It is super fun here! Its got a little bit of everything.

God is helping me a lot right now. I feel super happy and ready to take on the hard times. He always makes the hard times seem so short.

I hope you are all doing good. I hope you enjoy living in the true gospel. It brings us so much happiness. I wish you could get a glimpse at the tragedy that comes from not living the gospel. I wish you could see the diference between the members that are truly living it, and the people who are not. I am learning a lot. I am growing. If I dont help any one else become more converted to the gospel on my mission, I will know it isnt a fail. Because God has helped me become who I want to be. I am becoming converted.

I am grateful for my family and friends that support me physically and emotionally. Thanks for the letters, packages, and most importantly your prayers. Family, I love you all to the moon and back.

have fun would ya!

Stay Jersey Strong

No comments:

Post a Comment