Monday, June 30, 2014

Welcome. To Freehold

What a week.

Lets start with the goodbyes. I said goodbye to my Home Town Paterson. I love that little area. But more valuable than the area is the people. I had to say goodbye to my friends Aldo and Manolo. We went there Monday night, and we show up and Aldo is obviously sad. We go and sit where we normally go and explain what happens with missionaries. He expressed how he wants me to be there for his baptism. We explained that I couldn't, but I told him we will always be friends. I shared my testimony of Jesus Christ, and then I just lost it. I cried. I could not hold them back. I love that kid so stinking much. He thanked me for coming over and helping him know the way. He was sad that I was going, but seemed to know that we would see each other again. We shared our testimonies and asked him to send me off with a prayer. In his prayer he said, "Thank you for sending McFarland here to teach me about Jesus." That is why I am a missionary. I am here to be the tool that God uses to rescue his children. Aldo is a reason I came out on a mission.

Then we said goodbye to the Jeppsons. We sang a song to them that we always sing at every meeting with them, called Precious in His Sight. I think they made it up. I love them so much. They are wonderful. This mission is a family, and a really close one too.

I arrived here in Freehold. It is humid and hot and foresty. I love it. There are a lot more fireflies here than in Paterson. I like to catch them and hold them. We see a lot of wildlife here. The area is great. So much work to be done. We baptized Lindsey yesterday. She is such a cutie. I came into Freehold and was immediately accepted into the family.

My companion. He is the best. Se llama Elder Blanco de Mexico. He is from Vera Cruz and is a phenomenal missionary and friend. He trained Elder Muro (one of my best friends here in the mission) and Elder Jeffries (my last comp). This is his last transfer, though. Its crazy. He and I served around each other in my last zone. He helped me grow a lot. We are tearing it up in Freehold. We have so much fun. Just doing crazy things. He plays the guitar and so we jam and sing. It is super fun. We have another companionship that sleeps over at our house wednesday to friday most weeks. They are super cool. We have a bunch of fun.

Everything is good here. The Taggarts arrived, and I am doing well. And I have the best family in the world. I love you.

Was good.

Stay Jersey Strong.

Love


Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment