Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Leaving Paterson

I am leaving Paterson. I am so sad. I love this place so much. I have grown so much here. It's hard to leave when one loves his companion, loves his area, and has an amazing friend that is getting baptized the week after he leaves! There is never a dull moment in Paterson. I feel sad to leave.

But God always blesses us. His plan is perfect. I remember when I first came to Paterson. I hated being here. I wanted to go back to the CCM. I wanted to go home. Now, I want to stay here. He has called me somewhere else, and I have hope that God has something planned for me. He has something better than anything I can imagine. I am going to meet new friends and see new places. It is going to be fun. It may be hard, but it will be worth it. And I can make it what I want it to be. I am excited for the new area and a new companion.

This week was fantastic. We worked hard and we saw miracles. Aldo will be baptized next week. In one week he will be ready, and I am confident he will stay active and be a wonderful member in the church. His family will soon follow. So cooooool! I came out here for him. 

The Jeppsons leave this week, and the Taggarts come. Seriously, it's the week of major changes. I am super excited to work in a new area and share the gospel with those that God puts in my path. 

Family I need your prayers. My anxiety is up. I am doing really well, but I just don't want to fall back into self pity mode. I love you all so much. And I know as you pray for me, I will be more happy.

I have a testimony of the Atonement. Although I am not perfect, God makes it up. He loves me. I keep thinking about the words President Mitchell always said, "life is good in the gospel." I know it is. Regardless of our circumstances, life is always good when we are living is gospel. There is always something to be grateful for. I know the Book of Mormon is true. I am more sure now than I have ever been that this is the Church of Jesus Christ. I believe He directs and guides it, not only on the world scale, but in a personal level as well. He directs wards, branches, and individuals. 

Love you

Waz good

Elder McFarland

No comments:

Post a Comment