Monday, June 16, 2014

Birthday Week








This week was crazy. We had our All Mission conference and my birthday. 

It was a great birthday :) I have made some very close friends here and they made it the best. I got up and played soccer with our potential investigator and a lot of the companionships from the zone. After, they brought in a cake for me and Sister Josse's (a sister from lone peak) birthday. We ate cake, then we went to do service at a less active's home. We painted her basement, and then she gave us rice and chicken... it was super goood! The rest of the day was normal. We had a baptism planned for another pair of elders, but he decided to not be baptized. We had filled up the font, and since no one was already wet, I put on some shorts and went swimming. Not really, but kind of. Then we had dinner at the chapel for the father's day activity. Then I went home and read all of your letters. Wow. I feeel so loved. Thanks for the letters and the package!

The work is progressing. Aldo wants to get baptized this Sunday, but we are going to have to push him back. He is awesome, but we aren't gonna baptize him unless he is 100% committed to it. And he will. Just with time. Yesterday we found 10 new people to teach this week. 

The mission conference was stinking fun!!!!! There was a bunch of activities, then we had a spiritual message. Sister Jeppson got up and sung for like 30 mins. It was awesome!!! Then President Jeppson told us all about his life. I love those two. They are great. This is the last week of the transfer! It has gone by so fast. I hope I stay in Paterson... I might not though. Pray I will be willing to do whatever the Lord asks me to do.

I love being a missionary. Was good?

Stay Jersey strong family! Love you

Elder McFarland

No comments:

Post a Comment