Tuesday, June 3, 2014

New Jersey>New York

Last week was good. 


The crazies come out at summer. I have met some sketch people, but these people are getting crazier and crazier. 

Contacting is fun. 

My companion got sick on Wednesday. So we stayed in. I was so bored. I cleaned our whole apartment and read my scriptures for a long time. I was so glad when our zone leaders told us they could do a little exchange with us. I went out with one of them and we got to new investigators named Aldo and Manolo. Aldo is 14 and Manolo is 11. They both want to be baptized and are reading their scriptures, but didnt come to church yesterday. 
We went to the Manhattan Temple on Thursday. We got up early and drove to Jersey City where we took a train to Manhattan. We walked through Times Square and it wasnt as busy as I thought it would be. We didnt stop and take any pictures, but I think I snapped one. 
Although I thought being in New York would have been the cool part, I loved going to the Temple. I forgot the family name I was so excited to do... That was a bummer. But the Temple was so great. We were suppose to have lunch in Central Park, but no. Our zone leaders said it was time to go. So I grabbed a hot dog and a pretzel from a street vendor. 
We came back and got to work. Friday and Saturday we worked hard. Yesterday we were in meetings and studies all day. We didnt get to teach/see anyone. One of the sisters in our zone is going home early so we got together as a zone and said goodbye to her. It made me realize how hard I want to work and how much I want to value this time out here.

Please keep praying for my investigators. They need the prayers.

I love you all. Be good. Stay strong. Jersey Strong.

Was good

No comments:

Post a Comment