Monday, May 26, 2014

Work Hard, Play Hard

Wooooweeeeee. It done been a week.

Paterson is great. I cannot believe I have been here for little over 4 months. I just love it here. It has been hot... and this week it is suppose to hit 90 degrees. It is so stinking hot and humid. I sweat so much. But people are outside and happy. So that means more crazy people. They are so weird here in Paterson. Very inappropriate and hilarious. 
This Thursday we are going to the Manhattan Temple. I am so stoked! I am taking a family name to do endowments for him. I am so excited. We get up early, we go to Jersey City, and then we take the train to NY. There we walk to the temple. It will be weird walking around as a missionary, but it will be fun. We are lunching at Central Park (remember taking that nap in central park Jess?). 
Elmo is pretty much dropped. No progression. It is too bad.
Shannette has moved. She is in the area of the other spanish Elders so we dont get to visit her anymore. She still hasn't come to church. She needs your prayers. 
We had a great week this week. We have been teaching and contacting. We contacted 182 new people this week. It is so fun
We have a new investigator named Letisia. She is Colombian. She lives with one of our returning less actives Hno. Sabulon. She has a lot of potential. She is very nice and hospitable. He is the cook though. He made us mariscos (seafood). We had a big thing of tilapia stuffed with octopus, squid, clams, shrimp, and fake crab. It was really good :) I liked it. 
We had interviews today with Pres. and Sister Jeppson. This is the last one we will have with them. It was wonderful to talk with them. I felt the Spirit with them, and I truly feel loved by them.
This week will be a good one. I have an exchange with the zone leaders tomorrow, then Thursday is temple. 
Tomorrow I will hit my six month mark. Time flies.

I believe this is the only true church on the earth. I believe Jesus Christ owns and runs it. Its my testimony that he lives and loves us. I know the Book of Mormon is true because (again) I knelt down and prayed about it. I felt that very still and confident feeling, and for that I know it's the word of God. 

Can't believe school is already over. HAGS.
I love you all so much. 

Pictures are coming next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment