Monday, May 26, 2014

Testimony for the Beehives


Just tell your beehives this following experience.

When I got into my mission in New Jersey, I was really discouraged and sad. I had done well in the MTC and had made a lot of new friends. Saying goodbye to them was the last straw. I missed my family and the unknown seemed unbearable. It was cold, and I felt like hopping on a plane home. That night, I realized I felt so bad because I didnt read my scriptures at all that day. Ever since 10th grade I had read my scriptures everyday (at least one verse). I couldn't let a day of my mission go by without reading my scriptures. I used my last few minutes before bedtime to open my scriptures and read. I instantly felt the Spirit. It softened my heart, and I wanted to stay. 
I read my scriptures everyday. I love them. Just like Alma says in chapter 37 verse 45 the words of Christ (or the scriptures) will carry us through this vale of sorrow into a far better land of promise. 
This world is hard. There are hard things. but the scriptures will carry us. Hold them. Read them. Fall limp into them. And they will carry you. thats my testimony. In the Name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment