Monday, May 12, 2014

Week 6 of Transfer #3

I am staying in Paterson! Woot woot! I get to see all of my investigators reject or accept the gospel. This will be a great transfer with a lot of sweat and tears. Sweat because its hot and tears because the sweat drips down my head into my eyes and makes them water. I am sweating buckets. It is so hot here. I bought sandals today because my feet stink. Hopefully I don't get any spare needles stuck in my feet... Just kidding. Paterson is great...

I loved talking to you all yesterday. You are all beautiful people. I miss you all so much. I can't wait til Christmas...
Elmo has committed to live the Word of Wisdom and will be getting baptized on June 8! His friends Cesar and Amado are close behind. They are trying to go off coffee (amado) and smoking (cesar). They fed us this week so now we are officially family! 

We got to see Shannette finally. She is doing much better and was able to spend this last weekend with her father. Keep praying for her. We are trying to help her go to the temple.
Leonardo isn't doing so well in gospel terms. He hasn't been reading or coming to church. If he doesn't make a change soon, we will have to try later. Pray for him. He is so willing to learn, but just needs to know if its true.

We didn't get to visit with Rafael and Maria Cruz this week, but we saw them on the street. They read their homework! They need to be married first, so pray for them!

We had a cool experience this week. We had an appointment with a less-active and had a lesson with her friends. They both were knowledgable about the Bible, and we shared a bunch of scriptures from the Bible. In the end, it didn't go anywhere, but we shared our testimonies and asked them if we could do a prayer. They said yes but asked us to come into another room with them. We went into their living room, through a maze of wind-blown curtains, and looked around. It took me a while to realize that they started their own church, and there in their living room they offered prayers. We said one, and then they said 3 prayers. It took about 10 minutes. It was weird... but definitely a story to tell. 

I love being a missionary. I am learning so much each day.

I love you all.

Wuz Good.

Elderty

No comments:

Post a Comment