Monday, April 28, 2014

Work Hard/Play Hard

It rained. And when it rains... it pours.

Meeting Elder L Tom Perry was sweet. I got to shake his hand. He asked me where I was from and stuff and was super personable. I felt the Spirit in the meeting and it was a good time.

Being a missionary is fun. Elder Jefferies and I have some pretty good times. We work hard and play hard. 

I ripped my running shoes. We have been playing soccer every Saturday and I get pretty into it. Keeps me somewhat skinny. But we play indoors and my shoes get thrashed. So i bought new ones. no worries. 

These shoes came with me to our service project on Saturday. We cleaned up Dundee park. It is amazing how much garbage is out here in NJ. It is more amazing though that there are so many great missionaries here. They are very hard working and loving.

But that isn't why I like being a missionary. I love being a missionary because of the people I get to meet and help.

This last week was really good! We have made sure to contact at least 10 people everyday. We have not missed one! I love to contact and meet knew people. I have met one of the best people I have ever come in contact with. His name is Elmo. He is the best. He is about 40. He is an alcoholic. I don't know why, but I love him so much. It is one of the best feelings to be around him and share my testimony with him. Not only is he great, but everyone in the house (his friends amado and cesar, his son bryan) are all so great! Each one of them is so real and honest and loving. Every time I leave that house I feel loved. They are so great. Elmo didn't come to church so we are moving his baptismal date, but I am confident in him and his decisions. 
Something happened to Shannette. She seems super sad all the time but won't tell me what it is. I figure if she wants to talk about it, she will. I love her a lot. I want her to be happy, and I want to help if I can.
Life's good. Missin you all, but I am happy :)

Keep praying for my investigators and Shannette.

Love you

No comments:

Post a Comment