Monday, April 14, 2014

Wow Week

Family,

We have taught those who are ready to receive us. We taught and invited people we had only known for 20 minutes to be baptized. We have had many miracles because we started contacting at least ten people a day. We have been so blessed with new investigators to teach.

Danny is a referral we got when we visited a less active (oscar- who came to church and has been trying to change his life around) and he wants to be baptized May 4.
Bryan is a 16 year old from Puerto Rico. His family still lives there so he is living with his aunt. He doesn't have much knowledge about the bible and about religion in general. He wants to be baptized May 11.

Adalberto committed to being baptized on May 25. He is a father of two kids, the daughter is 11 and his son is 19. We have only met with him, so we don't know how interested his wife and children are, but we are praying that they will come to the gospel as a family.

Leonardo is a friend of another less active we are visiting. He wants to be baptized May 11. The less active man came to church, but Leonardo didn't. 

Rosalva will not be baptized on April 27, the day we set her with last week, so that's sad news, but I am sure she will come when she is ready.

Wexlin went to the hospital for five days. He is struggling with depression and hasn't come to church or had a lesson with us in a while.

We are confident that those that are ready will be baptized, and that as we contact, the Lord will continue to put people like these in our paths. Will you please pray for these people above? They need all the support they can get.

Elder Jeffries and I are working so hard. I am always tired, but it is a fulfilling tired. I am excited to start this week and have many more miracles. 
I had a wonderful opportunity to share my testimony of the Book of Mormon with someone who was bashing on Joseph Smith. He called us over and started to point out faults. I shared my experience and the man then told me, "well alright, if God told you, I am not gonna go against him." He kindly rejected the card and the invitation to learn more, but what started out as a discussion that might have left me feeling doubtful, turned into me walking away with more confidence that the Book of Mormon is true, and that the Spirit will tell us what to say. 

I love this work. It is so fun :) 

I love you family. I talk about you a lot, and I want each and everyone of you to know I think about you everyday.

Elder L Tom Perry will be here next Monday. WHAT. He just called President Jeppson and decided to come.

I love you

Elder McFarland

No comments:

Post a Comment