Monday, April 7, 2014

Transfer #3

The mission is flying by!

I got a new companion on Tuesday! His name is Elder Jeffries. He is awesome. We are gonna have a blast! Seriously, I am so pumped for this transfer! We make a lot of hispanic food and talk a lot. We get along really well. He is from Sandy, Utah. He is awesome, and he loves animals! He has been out for 14 months! 

We have been working hard and playing hard. We invited Rosalva to have a goal to be baptized on April 27, and she accepted! Please pray for her that she will have another answer that this is true and that she will come to church. 
Wexlin has been hard to get a hold of so we have not yet set a date that he will be baptized, but there is always hope! I hope his family will soon start progressing again and will be able to do all that they need to do to be an eternal family unit.
Conference was amazing! We watched the meetings in the chapel with the English branch. We heard the voice of the Lord this last weekend and it was awesome! I got to sit by Shannette for the Saturday morning (afternoon here because it starts at 12) and we played tic tac toe and that box game while taking notes. It was fun :) I love it when me and my investigators get the chance to act like family. Thanks for praying for her. She is doing so well. Lissett also came, but she only came to watch it at the church twice, and I didn't get to talk to her much. She is awesome. We also had a less active come to church. Our goal with him is to get him the priesthood and to the temple as soon as we can. He came and had an interview with the Presidente of our branch. He is looking for a job, so if you can pray that he will find one that will not make him work on Sunday, please do.

I love Paterson. That harsh joke the zone leaders played on me realized how much I love it here. It is so hood and all the garbage is very gross, but it is a place I love.

I believe this is the only true church on the face of the Earth. I know the Book of Mormon is another Testament of Jesus Christ and is a divine book. I know my Father loves me and listens to me.

I love you family.

Elder McFarland

No comments:

Post a Comment