Monday, April 21, 2014

Zero Time Today

I have zero time today because we are having an all mission conference with Elder L Tom Perry. We get to meet him and hear him speak. I am so excited!

This week was good. Just a normal week really. Adalberto has dropped off the face of the planet, so that stinks. Danny actually lives out of our area so we are giving him to my Papi (Elder Flores y Elder Leon). Leonardo came to church! He is such a sweet man. He is like thirty, but loves missionaries and loves to learn. He is prepared. His baptism is May 11 and he is on schedule. Please keep him in your prayers. Bryan... is a weirdo :) I love him so much. He is from puerto rico and his spanish is horrible. I can't understand him a lot (spanish has been really hard for me lately). He also needs your prayers. We had a lesson with Rosalva. She isn't progressing and seems to have lost interest. It is so sad to me, because I thought she was prepared to be baptized. Eric will be baptized on May 11. Please pray for him.

I had one of those tender moments as a missionary.  Last Sunday we shared Ether 12:27 with Eric.  He was so upset at himself because he wasn't doing well in school or in his favorite activity(skateboarding).  We shared our testimony of God's love for him.  He started crying and felt the spirit, but it seemed like he was still worn out. The next day (last Monday) we were walking and saw him with a group of his friends.  He ran over to us and said with a huge smile on his face, "I read that scripture 4 times.  I have decided to never give up." I am so grateful that God has a purpose for us.  I would love to see Eric baptized but even if I don't, I will know that we helped him in one of his trials.  These are the moments that I like about missionary work.  These moments are what I crave.

Being a missionary has its perks.

May 11 MOMMY! I get to call you. I am not sure what time it will be, but I will get to skype you :) That day will be crazy. Hopefully we will have 3 baptisms, our calls with our families, then I will find out if I stay or leave the next transfer. So excited!

Family, your missionary who still wears little boy socks is doing well. 

Family, I know God loves us. He knows us. He answers our prayers.

I love you family.

Party on

No comments:

Post a Comment