Monday, March 3, 2014

March is Here

Family. I love you all so much.

I miss you all so much, but it is March. It feels like it should still be January. 

This mission will go by fast.

March is here! Woot woot. Even better, Shannette's baptism is this week! This Saturday (March 8). It changed because of a meeting we have the next week, so we are doing it Saturday so she can receive the Holy Ghost sooner. I feel good about it, but I am not putting my guard down until she is in the waters. It just seems too perfect to be true... but that is why this gospel is great. It is so perfect.

A miracle I saw this week started on Tuesday. We were walking in the cold (it was really cold), and we passed by this women. I started talking to her in English, then switched to Spanish. We walked and talked for a bit. We asked her for her number address and everything. She said she was excited, but I thought it was going to be another lame juke. We went to her house and couldn't go in because we need 3 men who are over 16 in the home. We took Hermano Gonzalez yesterday with us to her house. We sat down and the Spirit took over. She already  knew the Book of Mormon is true. She told me how when I started talking to her, she felt warm. She felt warm and excited and interested. She committed to be baptized, and I hope she will be converted to this gospel. She asked great questions and feels the spirit.
I love times like that. God gave me the strength to contact her, then he prepared her, and then he will lead her into his arms once again. It is all his work

I like getting to work with the missionaries here. They are so great. Elder Tanner and I went on an exchange to pass a less active member (Milagros) from the Spanish branch to the English branch because she speaks fluently and her husband only speaks English. He is a great Elder and helps me to be confident in what I do. Elder Flores is my papa. He is from Mexico and is bien chevrolota (very cool). My zone is great. My companion is great. The mission is great :)
I love this monthly focus we are having on the Book Of Mormon. It is the best book ever.

This week is gonna be a good week for us all. I love you. Each and everyone of you. I love you. Keep writing me family :) I miss your letters.

Pray for me, my companion, and my investigators. 

I LOVE YOU. I cannot say it enough. I LOVE YOU

Elder McFarland

No comments:

Post a Comment