Monday, March 24, 2014

Jersey Strong

Familia!

I miss you all :)

This last week was crazy! We have been working hard and seeing miracles from it. We had a 2 day training last week, and I feel ready to work. We had trainings and did a lot of role plays. It was very humbling. I have so much to work on, but I feel up to the challenge. I love the missionaries here. They are great examples to me and help me see who I want to be.

 Missionary work can be fun if you love talking and helping people. I have a hard time wanting to go out and work, but I am gaining a love for it. 

Wexlin didn't come to church so we have to change his baptism date. I feel confident that he will be baptized, but I don't know if he will remain faithful to his covenants. We got to help him want to be at church. He believes its true and has a testimony of the Book of Mormon and prayer. He just needs to come to church. We had a great lesson with his mom and dad, and eventually they too will come into the fold. They are willing to learn. They believe the Book of Mormon to be "another testament of Jesus Christ." They are super kind. They are also very fun to joke around with, but know when to be serious. They have felt the Spirit and have recognized it. 

Rosalva also knows the Book of Mormon is true. She has felt the Spirit many times, but has a hard time with the Apostacy. We are praying so hard that she will feel the Spirit and understand more the Apostacy and will come to church. She doesn't understand that she has to be baptized by the proper authority, but she will. I have faith she will. She is humble and recognizes the Spirit. . . better than me sometimes.

We love our investigators. I am so excited for them. I am anxious, though, that they will reject the true gospel. . . and that would hurt me so bad. They are so great and ready. Stinkin agency though. . . :) 

I love my companion. He is a great Elder, and easy to get along with... I don't know why I struggled so hard with that. We are becoming friends in the work and have better unity each day.

Although there is still one week left, I am so excited for next transfer. More miracles are coming, and it always gets better!

Pray for Rosalva, Wexlin, Jose, Wanda, and Wexlin's mom if you can. They need the prayers.

Elder McFarland is doing good. He is having fun and doing work. He loves you. 

I have a testimony of the Book of Mormon. I knelt down this past week and received an answer of it's truthfulness. I love it so much.

Be good, family. Be nice. Help the missionaries. Read your scriptures. Pray. Go to church. Keep going! Life is good in the gospel. 

Stay Jersey Strong!

Love you Jess, Dave, Hannah, and Adam
I love you Mom and Dad

Elder McFarland

No comments:

Post a Comment