Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Week #5





Wow. Time is starting to go by fast. I swear I was just writing an email like this 2 days ago.
This week was a humbling week
Monday was a blizzard! We got snowed in so I didn't get to go shopping or anything. Luckily I had food. I stayed in the apt. all day writing letters.
Tuesday we had zone meeting. It was so fun. Elder Murray, about 4 other missionaries and I  put together a fun skit about the Book of Mormon for the rest of the zone. I was Joseph Smith. This monthly focus is the Book of Mormon, so I am studying it like no one's business.As a mission, our goal is to read it in 90 days. It isn't too bad for us missionaries, but still I give up some of my relaxing time. I couldn't be more happy to though. This week I have noticed that I have a relationship with the Book of Mormon. I truly do love it. I am focusing in on really receiving a strong testimony that it is the word of God. That night we picked up 2 investigators
Wednesday we had 0 lesssons. It was a bit frustrating because we were messing around most of the day.
Thursday we worked hard. I don't really remember Thursday but I know it was better than Wednesday. I am pretty sure Thursday is the day we found a new investigator.
Friday we had interviews with President Jeppson. That man is amazing. He was promised that he would know his missionaries as if he had known them since they were born. He really does know a lot about me. He is a patriarch so sometimes I feel as if I sees things others dont see in themselves. He didn't say anything super significant, but the feeling I had with him was bizarre and good at the same time.
Saturday was when we committed Shannette to be baptized.
Yesterday (Sunday) was kind of rough. Lissett, Alejandro, and Shannette didnt come. If Shannette would have come, we could have her baptized really soooon. I taught false doctrine and took the correction well... but I was embarrassed. I felt as if I lost this members trust. That was hard. Luckily forgiveness is real and the Lord will forgive me. Elder Murray and I connected so that was good. I still struggle with loving him but it is good for me to learn to have charity and patience. I need to be more humble so we can have the spirit with us always.
We have been having more success this week. We got 4 new investigators! 2 of them have committed to baptism, although one of them will take a while to convert because she works everyday and seriously has NO time to see us except monday nights. The other should be baptized in 2 weeks. Her name is Shannette. She is Lissett's and Alejandro's second cousin, but is more like Lissett's sister. The hard part with her is getting her to be honest and talking, and then be baptized for the right reasons. The other 2 investigators will take some time, but I love them just the same. They have struggles and challenges, but they both are very good people and deserve the best.
I am starting to be out here because I love the people. I pray that I will have charity. 
I love my mission.
I love you guys.
I know god loves us and answers our prayers. Keep praying for the missionaries here. There is a lot of trials and sicknesses around me. Pray for Joe. Pray for Shannette that she will know the truth. Pray for Lissette and Alejandro. Pray for Randy and his family, that they will receive the gospel. Pray for Carmen and Betty that they will make the changes they need to be converted. Pray for the De la Cruz Family that their dad will be converted too.  Please. at least one prayer right now.
Pray that I will be humble, patient, and loving.
Your missionary is praying for you. I love you family.

Elder McFarland

No comments:

Post a Comment