Monday, February 17, 2014

Sick and Successful

Familia!

So I got sick on Monday night with a sore throat. I woke up on Tuesday with a ton of congestion and pain in my chest. I could have stayed in bed and slept, but God helped me to want to be out working. We saw many miracles that day, and we were blessed with success. 
There have been so many miracles this last week. I was trying this investigator and the building that she lives in was locked. The past two weeks the door has been opened so we were surprised to find it locked. We walked away, but I felt we should go back. The whole way there I was praying that the door would be open. It was one of the most sincere prayers I have ever given. we arrived at the same time as one of the residents, and we got into the building. Although we only shared a five minute lesson with the investigator, God proved to me that he loves me. He loves me enough to open doors for me.

After a situation with the lady that deemed me "slim-goodie," we were walking. I had the thought to knock on a door. I walked up to the door and the first door I knocked we met a man named Jhon. Jhon is not very religious, but is a very special son of God. He is trying to change his life, so I hope he receives the gospel.

We committed Shannette to be baptized on the 23 of Feb... but she missed church yesterday so we are going to try next month. I would like her mom to also start taking the lessons, but we will see.

This week Elder Murray and I had some great bonding moments. The snow here is ridiculous. We were walking in knee-deep snow. I was filming and he tripped. We had some good laughs and good times, but I will be honest, it is really hard to continue to love him. I am learning to be patient and humble. It shouldn't be hard for me because he is a great guy. He does a lot of good things. He is doing his best. Sadly though, it is hard for me to be humble and confident.

The Book of Mormon is the best. I love it like I love ice cream... maybe even a bit more. I find myself at night wanting to read it. The feelings I get when I read it are always refreshing, and I know it is the Spirit. It is a miracle! Really, what a weird thing to believe in... But it truly does bring peace. It is a testimony that Jesus is the Christ, that he lives.

I know that God answers prayers. I love the Book of Mormon. Jesus is my hope and my joy.
Keep doing the right thing family. I love you. Each and everyone of you.

Be goood

Elder McFarland

No comments:

Post a Comment