Thursday, December 5, 2013

1st P-Day

Familia! I miss you guys so much :) I notice everyday how blessed I am to have such a great family. I truly think and miss you every single day, but the memory of your faces doesnt bring me sadness. I always feel motivated and happy when I think about my family. You guys are my greatest gift. I wish I had spent more time with you before I left, but I am looking forward to the upcoming reunion. Family, my english is very bad. It gets worse everyday, so please excuse me if i say something stupid. The Lord has blessed me with so much peace and comfort that everyday here seems to be a good day. I have yet to experience a day where I feel completely discouraged. I know it is because the spirit is with me all the time. 

So... there is bread here. A lot of bread. But the rest of the gifts are out and decorating our cute little dormitorio. The Christmas Tree, the lights, the sweater, the socks, the nativity, and the yummy chocolate filled calendar are all out. Do i need to open anything else up? 
My P-day is on thursday so I apologize for the week long wait for my letter. I promise I would have written you if I could. I found a way that i can email for more than an hour... so get on and we can instant chat... whatever it is called. haha. 

CCM is awesome. The grass is just like the lawn outside our hotel in hawaii. Its warm and sunny and everyday i get to go outside and study underneath the shade of a palm tree. Its beautiful.

I am learning spanish so fast. The opportunity on the plane to talk to someone in spanish was only the beginning. I have two latinos in my dormitorio. I freaking love them. They are hilarious. I talk to them in spanish and they help me with my awkward sentences. I also help them speak ingels. They are my HOOOMIEESSS. Elder Bellavance is a super chill kid. He is cool. He is into football and lifting weights, so at the beginning of gym time we go work out for about 20 minutes. I ride the stationary bike thingy. Its fun, but I would rather be playing volleyball with my district.

My district is pretty good. We get along most of the time and we all help each other grow. Its sometimes hard because my comprehension of spanish is higher than some of theirs, but helping them learn spanish is a privilege. At times I just want to go out into the field and learn spanish there because i feel ready...i feel pumped. but i know i have so much more to learn.

We taught this investigator in the last week. Her name is "Fanny Reyes." We started teaching her last thursday ( the day after we arrived here). Me and my companion did well. On friday, we challenged her to get baptized. She said no, but then tuesday we asked her again and she said yes. The spirit that we felt in that room those five days we taught her was undeniable. Yesterday I felt the spirit so strong. It led me to testify and feel that god loves me. He loves all of his children, and it is such a blessing to feel his love. It truly is one of the most desirable gifts.

OK so "fanny" was a fake investigator... but i think we did really well at teaching her. Fanny will become our new teacher at night... and i really hope her name isnt fanny because... yea.
I have gained a love for the scriptures. They are so beautiful and true. Its my testimony that we come closer to god when we read them.

I got to go to the temple today! It was good :) Its a pretty temple, and I felt the spirit there.
I dont have a lot of time in the world so if my friends dont know what's going on with me, or they think I am ignoring them, tell them I am doing good and am trying to answer their emails. I dont know what you are doing with my emails and if i should write one just to the family, and then one to everyone, or if I should just write one big one to everyone, or if I respond individually. I dont know. What would be best. 

I love you family. I really do. Good luck with everything. Tell me about everything that is going on in life! I hope I answered all of your q's. 
Dios nos ama, y yo le amo. 

I LOVE YOU FAMILY.
-Elder McFarland

No comments:

Post a Comment