Monday, July 13, 2015

Trenton

Trenton: the Capital of New Jersey. Home to a lot of gangs, drugs, a scrawny missionary and his companion from Honduras. 

My companion is a ball of energy. He is so cool. His name is Elder Mendez. 

Members are super cool here. They love one another, and they seem pretty solid.

Freehold is in my zone. Woot woot! Crossing my fingers that i can visit some people next pday.

A year ago I was in the south, and now I get to enjoy it again. I love North Jersey, but South Jersey is so much better. It is so green and chill. 

This last week was nuts. Lots of goodbyes on Monday, and transfers on Tuesday. We had to be in Morristown at 9 am for a special training from President Taggart's son. It was a good training. We did the transfer conference and it was weird to see the sisters with whom I started in Paterson go home. It makes me trunky. 

But Trenton makes me work. There is a lot of work to be done here to get this area up and running how it should be. There is a lot of organization to be done here in this zone. So at least I will be busy.

Last week we had to get everything ready for the All Mission Conference we had yesterday. We threw together a skit, chant, and activity. We are also in charge of a competition we are doing mission wide for the zone with the cleanest apartments. So I am pretty busy. And I am so grateful for amazing assistants and my loving mission mom and dad. They do so much for us. 

The mission conference was better than last years. And that is saying something. I enjoyed it with my missionary friends here in the mission. They are all so young now. The mission has changed a lot. Good and bad. It is kind of sad to see how different it is, but it is ok. I didn't come for the missionaries.

In terms of investigators scheduled for baptism... we have none. But I want to change that. Pray for us? We want to do God's will, and we know that He wants us to find those who will be baptized here. It may take time. But I believe that God has prepared people for me before, and that He will do it again. I cant make a baptism happen, though. All I can do is control me. I will continue to be a better representative and a more pure vessel. God will do the rest.

I am changing. Little by little. 

Keep praying for me that I don't get trunky... but dont worry. I am going to finish Jersey Strong.

waz good
Jersey Strong
life is good in the gospel

Love you  

No comments:

Post a Comment