Monday, April 27, 2015

Week of Meetings

We had 2 six hour meetings this week. 

They were so good. But I got worn out. 

We are trying so hard to reach a goal we set for new investigators. We are so stinking close! We have had miracles, and we expect more miracles to happen. If you can pray for us, that would be awesome. 

Sadly, I didn't take any good pictures this week. But... My week was fun.

Elder Fairbanks and I are working so hard. We get tired, but we are doing our best. Leo's date has been pushed back so that Rosel(his dad) can baptize him. We are excited and anxious to find out what day he can do it. I just ask that you keep him in your prayers. Evelyn is doing really good and it seems like she is starting to be more comfortable with us. She laughs and makes comments. We are going to continue to earn her trust and wait for the right moment when she asks us when she can be baptized. Keep her in your prayers as well. I will send you pictures of them next week so you can have a face to their names.

On Tuesday I got to go on an exchange with my good friend Elder Flores Martinez. He is super cool. He is from Mexico, and has the Mexican humor. Its so funny! We had a good time. We found a super less active Jew (jew...ish... get it? lol) that wanted to know more about the church. When she read the first vision, she turned to look at us and said "that is beautiful." She looked down and started to cry. It was so humbling. I believe that God really did come down to speak with Joseph Smith. And the Spirit does testify to people that our message is true. I really liked this exchange because it wasn't very well planned, but we were able to be guided to those that would receive us. I liked it also because we spoke in Spanish practically the whole time. I am grateful that I have this opportunity to speak another language. Although I don't speak it super well, it makes me feel cool.

Conrad is an awesome man from Cuba. We had 2 very intense lessons this week where we explained the authority. He is starting to understand more and more. He came to church, and this week was a bigger sacrifice because we drove to Newark's chapel for an awesome multi-stake conference. They broadcasted it from... Utah... I think... and Elder Hales, Elder Andersen, and Sister Reeves and Elder Kacher all spoke. Their talks were designed for Rosel's family and for Conrad. Please pray for Conrad. He is like my 50 year old brother. He is so cool and so fun.

Elizabeth is cool. Its pretty hood. Our apartment, though, is gross. It is bug infested and the floors are all messed up, but it's home. And I kind of like it. It's big and it's bright. It has a good feeling about it. And it doesn't feel unclean.

Well...

That was my week. Learning to love the people. 

Pray for your missionary!

Waz Good
Jersey Strong
Life is good in the gospel
God will provide

Love you




No comments:

Post a Comment