Monday, April 6, 2015

Week 5 Daniela's Baptism and Easter

Honestly I have eight minutes to write this. Forgive me.

Daniela was baptized by my companion! I got to do the talk on baptism. It was on Easter! She was so happy. I was so happy for her. It was a battle for her, but she conquered. I am so grateful to be part of these people's lives! It is a blessing and a privilege to be their missionary. 

Check out our shout out at http://www.njmm.org/  President came and took some pictures.

General Conference was hands down the general conference I have learned the most. I took some notes. Sadly I cannot share all of my thoughts in this email. But here are some that stick with me.

God knows. you know. That is all that matters.

The things that count can rarely be counted.

Love more. Be more.

These men are inspired. 

Average is an enemy to excellence

I like those thoughts. I will send you pictures next week of the notes I took so you can read more of what I learned.

We have a goal of 1514 new investigators as a mission this month. Please pray for me and the 20 other missionaries in our zone so that we can do our part. We are committed to this goal. Your prayers will help. Then not only are we going to teach this many new people, the focus is to get them to the baptismal waters in May/June. Not only is it possible. It is probable.

I've shared this story with a lot of people. But check it out.

"Cool, brief story. I lost my SD card yesterday. I was so bummed. Pictures of some of my most dearest people from my mission were lost. I became obsessed with finding it. I prayed hard. I wanted to find it so bad. I didnt want to sleep. I didnt want to focus on anything else. All I wanted to do was find my precious SD card. I gave up. Couldnt find it. A little bit angry, I kneeled and prayed again. I begged with God. I then felt God tell me, "why dont you have this much desire to find my sons and daughters that need you?" It was one of those moments God lovingly rebukes you. 

I get it now. And it's quite pathetic. My priorities are in the wrong place.

I want to be obsessed with finding people. I want to be sleepless with the desire to find the people that I have lost. Where is my love for these people? Where is my focus? Its been an eye opener. And I love that God opened my eyes.

I found my SD card this morning. But even more importantly, I have found the desire to find. I am going to find my lost brothers and my sisters." 

Change your priorities. Love more. Be more. 

I am super grateful for our prophets and apostles. I love the Lord because He loved me first. I am passionate about that.

I want you to know:

waz good
To Be Jersey Strong
Life is good in the gospel

and most importantly, I want you to know

I LOVE YOU.














No comments:

Post a Comment