Monday, March 9, 2015

Week One Down



The first week of this transfer was a good one. We didnt get to do as many hours of proselyting as we usually do, but it was a good week. Transfer Conference was crazy. There were some awesome missionaries that went home. One of the people that I have really grown to love was E Flores (papi). He and I served together in Paterson, and he has always given me good advice.He finished his mission! It is starting to make home seem more realistic.

But I dont want to be trunky yet.

Yorleni made us some of the best food i have ever eaten. It was ribs and avocado and plantains and yucca. It sounds plain... but it was so darn good. I will attach a pic. I am going to have to go on a diet soon. If not, I may die of obesity. 

Thursday was crazy! i think the biggest storm hit the night before so we woke up to a ton of snow. It was practically snowing all day. We had to drive to Englewood to pick up a car that had gotten in a wreck. The front tire was messed up. We couldnt drive above 30 mph, and the car did unexpected movements. What usually takes us 20 minutes to drive took us over an hour. It was a super scary experience to drive it. God protected us, and we got home safely. We ate awesome food with the Carranzas. The 2 girls are excited for their baptisms. The parents are so supportive. The mom comes every week. The only reason the parents arent baptized is because the father hasn't gotten off work yet. They are reading and praying, so I am sure that one day they will be baptized. I love that family.
Friday was a meeting with President Taggart. We had to drive that stinking car down to morristown. We didnt die... but a few people were super upset that we were going 20 miles below the speed limit. These silly Jersey drivers. I felt the Spirit very strongly, though, at this meeting and it was a good boost. I felt spiritually recharged. I am part of an awesome mission. I have awesome leaders. 

Sadly this weekend I got sick, but Saturday was awesome. We spent a lot of the day doing service for the Carranzas. They had a nice dinner for Diana's birthday and invited us over. I hung out with the teenagers, and we told jokes. I laughed so hard. One of the best nights ever. Sunday I went to church only because Christian had asked me to ordain him. I did, but I felt sick so I asked if I could go home and take a nap. I napped forever, then I woke up, went to a dinner appointment, then went back home and got ready for bed and slept. I feel so much better. The members are taking very good care of me. I have like a billion moms out here. Its funny that I need so many moms out here to do what my mom can do for me. I love her a lot. 

Claudia and Emily will be getting baptized this Saturday! Keep them in your prayers.  

I am super grateful for Jesus and the Atonement. Just thinking about it brings me peace and happiness.

Waz good
Jersey Strong
Life is good in the gospel

love you.


the sisters played a nasty joke on us

 Yorleni is holding the food.


more pics with lupita


 The old lady is crazy. Her name is Assunta.


No comments:

Post a Comment