Monday, March 23, 2015

Keeping it cool in Caldwell

First off, the weather here is more bipolar than a pregnant lady. But I am grateful that we have had some warm days.
I enjoyed myself this week. I am so grateful for the things I am learning, and the experiences I am having. God is good.
I love the people here in Caldwell. The members, the investigators, the leaders, the missionaries. It is a good place to be in March 2015. This transfer is flying by.

We had a meeting Friday morning with a bunch of missionaries. Before the meeting, we got together with some missionaries and played basketball. I wish I was taller.
Sam Taggart ( the Taggarts' son) and his friend Doug came to give us a training on comfortable communication. I would like to think that I am a good communicator, but I am no good. I learned a lot on how not to be awkward. And I am super excited to use what I learned. 

We asked a guy on the street for some information, gave him a card, and for the first time, he called us and told us to come teach his son. We went and found out that the wife of Nelson (mentioned guy on the street) is a member, and that their son has schizophrenia. They didn't come to church, but I have hope that they will come at the right time.

We received a referral from Juan Vaca and we taught her in an awesome Colombian restaurant. She paid for us to eat there, and we answered some of her questions about Mormons. Sadly she does not belong to our area, but we were able to get together with the elders from Paterson to teach her about the Restoration. It was an awesome experience, and I felt the Spirit. She wants to be baptized. God really does prepare people! They are all around us.

Daniela is the niece of Yorleni. She has been learning and listening for 2 months, and she pointed that out to us yesterday. She wasn't able to come to church because of work.  Yesterday, she came to church for the first time. She liked it. She had an argument with her boss on Saturday and quit. She went to take back the key to the owner last night, and he apologized. She decided to go back to work there on the condition that she would have Sunday mornings off. It is a wonderful blessing. Yorleni and my companion dont think its a good idea that she returns, but I don't see it as something wrong. I think its a step forward. 

Keep her in your prayers. And pray that we will know what to do to help her.

Alvaro also came to church. He hasn't been baptized yet, but now I hope that he can focus and pull it all together. He is so close. Sometimes (like last night), we have really good lessons where he feels the Spirit and wants to change. Other times, he is very distracted and we can't feel the Spirit with him. He is a super sweet man. I really hope that he can have the change that he desperately wants.

We keep on keeping on here in Caldwell, and I am excited to see what this week brings. 

The kid in little boy socks still loves and misses his family. He can't wait to tell them all of the stories and adventures he is having.

Waz good
Jersey Strong
Life is good in the gospel

Love you

before I forget.... pictures of the baptism!


After the baptism we went to a buffet with the Guardiolas. (The president of the branch and his family...they are awesome). 
I ate sushi and clams and lobster and oysters...
 I thought you two would be proud of me

make a goal... its how we get better

These pictures come from the exchange 
I went on in new city with Elder Class. 
The family is Dominican and hopefully will be baptized soooooon.




We saw this weird possom. I decided I needed a picture. 
NJ is so weird
again... this comes from 2 weeks ago.




This is Massiel. She is the one Juan Vaca referred us to. Hopefully she will be baptized in Paterson!!!!!! 


this was forever ago....


No comments:

Post a Comment