Monday, October 19, 2015

So lazy

This week I got sick. I caught a cold. I quickly got some stuff to take so it never got to bad. I am so lucky to not be serving in some foreign country. My poor brother got a random sickness, and I am so grateful that I can go to a pharmacy and know what to take to make me feel better without having to translate. Go David o. I am just super tired. All the people we visit give me different vitamins and different herbal teas. I probably am as healthy as I will ever be. Although all I want to do is lay around and talk with my companion.


I got to go on one of the best exchanges ever this week. There is an elder here that served in the army. He is solid. We had a blast, and he really helped me with my testimony. God is so cool! He puts people in our lives to draw us closer to him. Usually it is investigators or members, and sometimes it is a good friend. I am so grateful for good friends. Genuine, nice, good friends. Shout out to Jessie for being my best friend! Sure do love ya big sis. My goal this week was to find a service opportunity for us to do. Most organizations don't let us participate, but God led me to one where we will start serving the community in November! It will be a food pantry. Those are always fun. I believe God helps us achieve our
goals. Big and small.


Our investigators are doing ok. They haven't come to church in a while, so that worries us, but we are not going to push them. All we can do is follow gods plan for them, and hopefully they accept the invitations He offers them.
Church was amazing! We did have an investigator show up with his member wife that hadn't gone to church since arriving to the USA. That is over 20 years. They came and seemed to enjoy it. We didn't get to talk to them because we had to run an errand for the branch president. When we came back, they were gone, but we will see how they liked it
:) 4 of the members with whom we have been working got their temple recommends yesterday. 2 of them are recent converts and the other two are newly activated members. We are going to the temple on Wednesday! We are going to take the bus into NY. Hopefully we don't get lost.Haha. One of the recent converts was ordained to the office of a priest and
got the priesthood. In one year he will get the Melchizedek
Priesthood. Super cool. That's why church was so great.


Yesterday I felt very grateful for my legs. We visited a member who cannot walk. He has been unable to feel in his legs for over twenty years. I am grateful for my body. And I love that man. Every time we leave we shake his hand and touch our head to his head. Although he cannot walk we shows a lot of love and gratitude to the Lord for his
life.


The Vacas came and visited me yesterday. Irina will have her baby next Monday. She is going to have the surgery where they cut open her stomach. I don't know how to spell it so... Anyway she is super excited to have the baby. It has been such a hard pregnancy. She has been strong though. Juan opened up his own body shop so he is super busy with that. They told us hilarious stories about times past and it brought back the good times of Caldwell. After visiting with them, I
told my companion their story. I cried a little bit. I have been so blessed to be part of so many peoples' conversions. I want to always live worthy of their trust. Juan and Irina will start temple classes as soon as the baby is safe and well outside of his mommy's tummy. I know that the message I am sharing brings forgiveness and peace of conscience. It brings hope and understanding. IT HELPS US LOVE ALL OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS.
I love being a servant of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Was good
Jersey strong
Life is good in the gospel

EM

No comments:

Post a Comment