Monday, October 12, 2015

Last Monday was so awesome! The service was crazy fun. But it left me and my companion exhausted for the rest of the week. Yesterday at the home of some members I fell asleep. It was during the prayer so no one noticed. It couldn't have been too long that I was asleep because I woke up before he ended the prayer.

Life is good in Passaic. There have been about five baptisms in this area in the last couple of months so we are working a lot with the ward to get them to the temple. At every members home they feed us. And it is mountains of food. We got sick last week from eating so much. We bought some peptobismal so we are feeling a lot better now.
My taste buds have changed a lot. I love spicy food now. I told my companion about the times I would say naughty words and my mom would put spicy tobasco sauce on my tongue as a punishment. Maybe that's why Hispanics say such bad words. Just kidding! I don't mean to be racist.Just a joke. I had a pretty bad sunburn last week. I was so red in the face. I should have taken pictures, but I was so embarrassed. I was way more red than an overripe tomato. Aren't our bodies cool though? They can heal so beautifully. And it is usually pretty quick. Our bodies are definitely divine.
Me and my companion get a long super well. We like to listen to the same kind of music, we can understand each other pretty well, and he is a good listener. We enjoy talking about many different subjects that range from his waiting wife to the deep doctrine. The cool part is that it is all in Spanish! I will definitely miss using my Spanish every second of the day. I hope God continues to bless me with the gift of tongues when I am released. That may be the hardest part of coming home. God has really blessed me with that gift. I remember that on the airplane to Mexico I talked with a man for 2 or 3 hours in Spanish. And now I feel completely comfortable in my Spanish. Since day one, God has blessed me with that gift. We have two investigators who are super close to being baptized. It is a family of 5. We are just waiting for the husband to get a confirmation that this is what they need to do. The mom is ready. So please pray for David and Carol. They are from the DR. Super nice. Super prepared. Brother Gossner visited me this week. He is an RM now. He gave me a lot of good insight for coming home. Friends are the best! Wed definitely need to choose carefully.

I am grateful for the spirit and for the guidance that it gives us. It teaches us the truth. I am happy that God has provided a way that we can know He is there without having to search in a rocket for billions of years.

Was good
Jersey Strong
Life is good in the gospel


 The bravo family. They just took out their endowments



The whole family. Hopefully we get to go and see them all get sealed in the temple.



Me and elder Adams (new missionary/ new friend) at the service 


No comments:

Post a Comment