Monday, May 18, 2015

Elizabeth

I am sick so... forgive me if its short.

Tuesday we had a little meeting with all of the missionaries in our zone who are going home. It is interesting how much a missionary chooses to change throughout their mission. They are always such powerful teachers and great examples. It makes me think about home and the kind of person I want to be when my day comes.

We did an exchange with one of the companionships in our zone and the one that came with me got food poisoning the day before, so I cleaned up the apartment. It was fun to talk with Elder Allred, the sick missionary, and get to know him a little better. He is super funny and hipster.

We had a huge miracle. Stephanie and Alex's dad is not a member. He didn't want them to be baptized so they haven't been able to be baptized. We met with him on Thursday by surprise. We didn't even mention or hint at baptism, and the daughter brought it up. The dad said they could be baptized next month! It was cool because later he said that he would also like to learn more about what his wife and kids believe in, and maybe one day join the church as well.

I got sick. Saturday morning I woke up with an irritated throat, and then it transferred to my nose, and now I am coughing. I got a blessing from my awesome companion, and I feel a lot better.

So the weekend was super tough because I was just trying to stay awake. But it payed off when we saw 6 of our wonderful investigators come to church. Hopefully they all received inspiration and guidance. We are praying that they feel the Spirit and make changes in their lives.

This is the last week of the transfer. Time is flying. I am so grateful for the time to serve and meet such great people.

So the people to pray for: Joaquin, Stephanie, alex, leo, evelyn (andino family), Conrad, and eric.

And if you have time after all those names, pray that your missionary gets feeling better.

was good
jersey strong
life is good in the gospel
god will provide

love you

-Elder McFarland

p.s. we get ipads on Tuesday   

No comments:

Post a Comment