Monday, January 5, 2015

2015 Bring it.

2015

Bring it.

Last Monday we had a super sweet activity. We got zone 1 and our zone (#2) and played soccer. It was rad. This whole week we were preparing for the baptism .. so nothing super exciting until New years. Which was pretty lame itself. We went to a party till nine and then went home and went to bed. We had a meeting with President Taggart. A lot is changing this year. It was an exciting meeting, and I liked to catch the glance of his vision for the mission. I believe that he is lead by God. We are a lucky mission because we have him. He is a true man of faith. 
Saturday came. And it snowed. The first snow fall I have seen since Paterson came down so hard. Everything got covered quickly. We had to do a meeting with all of the leaders in our zone so that took most of our day. After that, it was time for the baptism. We filled up the font and got everything ready. We got dressed in white and all nine of us were so stinking happy. The talks and the service were great. I was so honored to baptize Emily and Nancy. My companion baptized Juan Pablo, Irina, and Juan Fern. And Erick Mayta baptized Diana. It was a powerful experience. I felt very happy that night. I am grateful that God prepared these people. Honestly, I did nothing to have this baptism. I didn't earn it. God loves me enough to have given me that experience and I won't forget it. I am grateful for baptism.

Sunday we confirmed all 6. I got to confirm Juan Pablo, Irina, and Juan Fer. I am grateful for the Spirit that was felt during that meeting. Our branch president invited the 3 adults and diana to come up and share their testimonies. Each one talked about how they feel more complete and how they felt an unexpressable feeling yesterday. Juan Pablo, Irina, and Nancy shared how the gospel has blessed their family. Diana shared how she knew that God has a plan for her. She knows that He loves her. It was a wonderful week.

And this week is going to be good as well. We get to go to the temple with 5 of the recent converts to do baptisms for the dead. I sure am a lucky guy. 

I am super excited for 2015. It is a gift. It is a privilege to serve this year in NJMM. As new years past, I was super grateful for my family and friends. I am grateful for the friends I have made, and I am excited for the friends I will make this year!

Lets make it the best year yet.

Waz good
Jersey Strong
Life is good in the gospel

love you

No comments:

Post a Comment