Monday, August 18, 2014

Week 2 of Training

Right to left: E Franke(trainee) and E Gossner(trainer) and Me (trainer) and E Palmer (trainee)



My companion is from South Jordan... not Ogden.

This week was phenomenal. It was super hard the first couple days because my focus wasnt right. I wanted to get a certain amount of lessons a day and we werent hitting our goals. I decided in the middle of the week to pray for the people that are ready to receive the gospel. My focus changed from numbers to the people. Soon after I shifted my focus, we started to have great lessons and the Spirit came with us. Don't know how, but we hit our goal of weekly lessons. God wants me to focus on first my companion and second the people. I noticed this week that if I focus on the prepared people, God will put them in our path. I don't have to run distances to find the people. I only have to be happy and try.

We have a new investigator named Luis Espinosa. He is going to get baptized on September 21. He would be baptized before then, but he is leaving to peru for a couple weeks. He is super cool and wants to learn. He hasnt asked if it is true yet, but he came to church and said he liked it! He is coming every week he says.
Alma received her answer. She knows it is true. Although she cant be baptized, we are going to visit her to help her in her conversion. Baptism will come later, but certain steps can come before complete conversion. She is fantastic. One of God's special daughters. 

I like to meet new people and learn to love them. Elder Palmer and I get along well and we are laughing a lot. He is a wonderful example to me. We are so blessed because he is here.

I miss home. A lot. I would love to come home and go on those bike rides and pet exotic animals and drop Adam off at school. I miss my family most, though. Miss you all so much. 

Its ok though. I love being out here. I love being with these people. They change my life. I am so grateful for what I feel out here and for the faith that I have. It brings me a lot of happiness. 

Love you all

Ty

No comments:

Post a Comment