Friday, November 6, 2015

One Week

So much is going through my head and my heart. It feels like I am
leaving all over again. Erg.

The last Monday in October was sweet. I went and saw Nancy. She made sopa de chifles. So goooood. And after we went on a hike with the zone. We went to these huge rocks and climbed on them and took pictures and stuff. I am grateful to have been in this zone because of the kind missionaries that make it up. After the hike, we played
softball. I am glad that I chose to play other sports because I was ashamed at my batting skills. Tuesday we had a devotional with the author of the Ricarddi letter. It was good. I learned that I need to pray more, and I just want you to think about your prayers for a second. Ask yourself if they really mean something to you. Why do you pray?


One week ago I went to the temple. Wow. That was the best session I have been to. I had questions about the temple even before I entered it. I had written down questions that I wanted answered this time. When I was in the temple, I forgot the questions. But a new question came into my mind. I asked the question to the temple president's counselor. God answered all but 2 of my questions with the revelation that I received there. Sometimes we are so focused on the answer that we forget to ask the right question. God inspired me while I was in the temple. I felt calm and prepared.


Sunday one of your more or less less active members took a step of faith and bore her testimony of the gospel. It was beautiful. She is less active for health problems so she really isn't less active, but she said something that really touched me. I believe it alludes to a talk from a general authority, but it really sank in this time. She said, "I know the gospel is true. I can't express it to you, but if you could open up my heart, you would know it is true too." I felt a lot of love for her and am grateful for honest and loving members of the church.


I am rereading this email, and I noticed that it is all about me. Sadly that's what going home does to me. It turns the focus back onto me and my problems. Lame.

We are going to take Leonardo and Leticia to the temple to do baptisms for the dead. Please pray that everything will work out and that we will be able to not get lost in NY.

Was good
Jersey Strong
Life is good in the gospel

EM

No comments:

Post a Comment