Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Week One

Here we go! Another transfer! We are so pumped.

It is awesome being in Trenton. Although the air is probably more chemical pollution than oxygen, I find myself taking deep breaths and enjoying the fact that I am a missionary.

My companion is named Elder Welch. He is from Bremerton, WA (right outside Seattle). He enjoys sports... so we will get along just fine. He had served here for 6 months and got sent back. It was unexpected for all of us, especially the members. They treated him like a son coming home. It was amazing to see how much missionaries really mean to these people.

Roberto Castillo came to church yesterday. He fit right in. We never got the opportunity to teach him this week, but he told me yesterday he is reading his assignments. He seems to be ready for the gospel. And that is when missionary work is the funnest. I love to teach people about things that I was taught my whole life. It is fun to see how they enjoy it as well. Not everyone likes to hear about it, but it is a good feeling when someone does want to learn. 
We are now enjoying A/C. Elder Mendez and I sweat all night. Our A/C was broken and we never called and asked them to fix it. We got someone over this week to put it back together. A/C is a blessing from God.

Last monday we enjoyed a day at the beach. It was so much fun playing sports, catching crabs, and singing to the uke. I can't wait to do that with my family. Good times. We started on our way back and  found out that our tire was completely flat. We switched it to the donut, and we were on our way in less that 15 minutes. I am learning life lessons as well as the gospel. Missions are sweet. 

Each transfer conference gets harder and harder. First off, because I am tired and getting ready to go. They make the meeting so dramatic and emotional that it wears me out. Second because there is a part of me that regrets the day I say "see ya later" to New Jersey. 

By the time we were on our way home it was around 5. We drove to the hospital to give Stefani a blessing. She got her gallbladder removed. After her pregnancy and the surgery, she is feeling pretty tired. Please keep Stefani in your prayers. Also pray for her sister valerie that she will open her heart to God.

Zulay has been working. We are seeing her tonight, but please pray that she will accept the gospel when it is the right time.

Yesterday was a miracle. Besides having 3 of our investigators come to church (that always makes me happy), we got to see the baptism of Laura. Laura is about to move on to the next stage in life. She is so frail and so sweet. She isn't that old, but just doesn't have good health. My companion was lucky enough to get to interview her, and she passed with flying colors. I sat outside and played with her four cats. She expressed to us her excitement for her baptism and her commitment to the Lord. Where do these amazing people come from? She was an amazing ballerina and had the fame of the world. But she came to know Jesus somehow. I love conversion stories like that. They are powerful.

We gave a blessing to one of our members yesterday. The poor guy broke his leg a couple of weeks ago. He is looking healthier and stronger, but we asked him if he wanted a blessing. He accepted and asked my companion to do it. Sadly, I didn't pay too much attention to what was said, but I do remember that I felt that I had done something good for this man. Although I was just a member of the circle, I felt that I had served him in some way. I don't know why I felt like that, but it has helped me change my motivations. I want to serve others ALWAYS. 

I love being here in New Jersey.

waz good
jersey strong
life is good in the gospel
god will provide

Love you

this guy reminds me of david when he was little... 

love ya dave :)

elder allred and i got to do another exchange! Love that guy

this is my companion... elder welch

ninja... beach.... we got a flat on our way home from the beach.... classic 


phew... this is the zone. there are a lot of names. sis carter sis tonga elder laceste elder fisher elder cuyan elder mendez elder alforeza elder spencer elder larsen elder marquez and the guy squating is elder thresher








some mermaid washed up onto shore.

some cool street in Trenton... and some abandoned building... so cool... we have the hoooood.





No comments:

Post a Comment