Monday, August 10, 2015

21

the lion in freehold and the Persads 




this is zulay

Weekly planning outside because it was hot... and Leo. He is cool. He came out with us to preach. He is 16 and is going to be a good missionary!





Carranzas and Kenny. 

Kenny is the son of some members here. He is swag.




Me and the Carranzas. Apparently it is against the rules... so whoops: not doing that again.




This is Aliyana (Stefani's daughter). 

She likes to do duck faces


Stefani and Valeska. And this is when they stole our bikes. We had to walk home with our helmets in our hands and people were all, "what happened to your bikes?" they just laughed when we told them they got stolen.... hahaha




21 months.

It is fun to take a moment and reflect on all the experiences I have had. I have enjoyed my mission. It definitely feels more like a blessing than a sacrifice. 

We had interviews with our president this week. He asked me, "do you know who you are?" I said that I still felt lost. As we talked I recognized the person I am and the person I want to become. I have always loved service. And when I come home, I want to do something where I am helping someone else everyday. I want to become service-oriented.
It was a cool moment to recognize who I am and what really makes me happy. I hope you all are trying to find who you really are. 

Tuesday, we had the worst zone meeting I have been to yet. We had to show an hour presentation for the cars in our mission before zone meeting, but we had technical difficulties. It made me really upset because we started 15 minutes before zone meeting was suppose to start. The poor missionaries were so bored out of their minds, that when zone meeting started 45 minutes late, they were distracted and anxious to be done. Although it was the worst zone meeting, the Spirit was still there, and we did learn. I got to do an exchange that day with elder Laceste. He is from the Philippines. We worked hard and got to know each other. He is a good missionary and a good friend. 

We worked hard this week. And we saw some miracles. A less active and her investigator husband came to church with their kids. It was fun to see them there, and we hope that they continue to come. A member took us to meet with her troubled cousin. It is amazing to watch members share their testimonies with their friends. It has a lot more power because the investigators know that they are saying it because they love them. I love the members here. They are so fun and loving and hard-working. They do missionary work better than any organization I have seen here in New Jersey. We just need to help them ALL do what some of the members are doing.

But miracles happen a lot here. And it is a good place to be.

I am happy. This transfer has not been easy. But I have an assurance that I am doing my best, and that is what God wants from me. So I feel good. I am taking the time to enjoy being a missionary.

This week my testimony grew about families. I miss mine so much. I have great friends here in Jersey who I consider family here, but it isnt my family. It isnt the same. I love my family. And they are more valuable than anything in the world to me. 

I hope you all enjoy your family this week and take time to really enjoy who you are and the people and things you love. 

Waz Good
Jersey Strong
Life is good in the gospel

Love you

Oh P.S. Leo got baptized and I got to watch it over skype! Hooray for happy times!


No comments:

Post a Comment