Monday, June 8, 2015

Rain Rain Go Away

This week there was crazy rain. There was crazy lakes in the middle of the roads! It was super fun :) Now the weather is perfect. It is not too hot or humid. I am loving the summer time in the most beautiful concrete garden.

Elder Pacheco is the man. He is so cool and chill. We do work together. I can be myself around him and express my frustrations and concerns and feelings and he listens. He gets it. He is patient and awesome.

Having a good companion makes everything easier. I love that the Lord has sent us out two by two because I feel that I have someone to always help me.

It was a pretty nuts week.

We did a mission fast on Tuesday. It was awesome! Alex and Stephanie will be getting baptized on June 28! I am so stoked for that day. That came out of the fast, and I am so grateful that we can fast as members of this church.

When we broke our fast on wednesday, we got fed so much that we both threw up. Yuck.

Please keep Leo in your prayers! I think he will still be baptized the 20 of june, but your prayers are always appreciated.

We did a lot of service this week. We serve every Wednesday at a local food bank. It is super fun. We also did some construction work with our members. We got super messy. But it is always fun to get out of the routine every once in a while.

Yesterday was a very hard day for me. We told Conrad that we could not come by anymore, but that when he wanted missionaries in the future to come by, they would always be ready for him. It was so sad for me. He does not want to change right now and wants to focus on the bible. Doesn't want to read the Book of Mormon. We aren't here to do a bible study. We are here to share what matters most. And that is the restored teachings and authority of Jesus Christ.
I almost cried saying bye to him because I have really learned what makes me the happiest, and I believe it will make him happy to. But he didn't want it.
After that, one of our newish investigator's husband called and told us that he didn't want us visiting with his wife. That was sad for me too.
But I am realizing that I really do love these people because I am sad when they don't accept what I believe will make them the most happy.
After all of that, we went to the Andino's home. It changed my night. I am so grateful that God lets us work with the best of his children. I love these New Jersey-ites, no matter how hard headed they are!

Anyways, I think I am learning more what it means to truly love the people here. It is hard, but it is good.

I miss my family and friends so much. I am excited to see you again.

I love you a lot.

Ty

No comments:

Post a Comment